Here's a Toast to New Beginnings

Here's a Toast to New Beginnings

Saturday, March 31, 2012

A Surprise from Korea-Day 89

Oh, my sweet friend, Sara, surprised me with a package full of gifts from Korea this week!  The hand fan is so intricately decorated, the cups adorn sweet little faces, the placemats and table settings with chopsticks and napkins flaunt rich, earthy tones, a tiny ceramic dish daintily painted with a floral design, and the sweetest handwritten note from her tucked inside a postcard reflective of a rich and colorful culture of this country!  My admiration for Sara stems from the fact that she was the most amazing bilingual teacher of 3rd graders when I was a principal, but more importantly in my mind, she took a leap of faith last summer and embarked upon a courageous journey to become a teacher of English for the most adorable Korean children, leaving family, friends and familiarity behind!  Thank you, Sara, for the gifts you share with children all over the world, and the special surprises you sent me this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment