Here's a Toast to New Beginnings

Here's a Toast to New Beginnings

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Locomotives on Parade-Day 82

What an exciting and attractive way to celebrate the local railroad history in our community!  I spotted this train on William Joel Bryan Parkway.  I'm thinking a scavenger hunt of these creatively painted trains would be a fun little outing.  I learned that the George Bush Presidential Library sponsored "Locomotives on Parade".  Various businesses sponsored the trains, and then artists designed them.  Little did I know that there is a bronze plaque at the base of each telling who sponsored and decorated each train.  Now I need to take another tour through town to check out the information on each plaque!  I love that these trains help raise funds for art exhibits at the Library.  It's been a while since I have visited the George Bush Presidential Library, so I'm anticipating a visit soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment