Here's a Toast to New Beginnings

Here's a Toast to New Beginnings

Sunday, January 29, 2012

My Dad the Inventor-Day 29

I am so proud of the accomplishments my dad has made in his lifetime.  Serving as a general engineer at NASA for the majority of his career, he was responsible for testing materials and propulsion on the many space vehicles from Mercury to the Space Station.  During his time at NASA, he co-invented the NASA DeBakey Heart Pump, now known as the Heart Assist 5.  One of my proudest moments was when my brothers and I were invited to travel with my dad and Dr. DeBakey to Washington D.C., when a national award was presented to the co-inventors and the heart surgeon for this pump.  I love that my dad, to this day, is continually pondering difficult situations in life, and problem-solving to create solutions.  He currently holds 16 patents, and has 2 pending for inventions.  Wow!  Isn't that amazing? 

2 comments:

  1. He's the smartest man I know and I can't imagine that there is a better " Dad " anywhere in the world!!

    ReplyDelete