Here's a Toast to New Beginnings

Here's a Toast to New Beginnings

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Hope-Day 12

Simplifying my life has been an aspiration of mine since retirement, and tonight I was truly inspired by a dear friend, Peggy!  In my early years of marriage, I was a faithful planner of simple meals as far as a month in advance, and a shopper for 30 days, but with my 29 years in education, I lost my energy and momentum for those necessary home tasks after dedicating 10-12 hours a day to students and teachers.  Over the past few years, I became a last-minute meal planner and a shopper by the day because of the great convenience of a grocery store less than a mile from our home and because I was always mentally and physically exhausted to tackle even a weekly menu and shopping list.  Thank you, Peggy, for opening up your home this evening and sharing your strategies and thoughts about planning ahead, with some tried-and-true meals that my family will love intermingled with a sprinkling of new recipes to explore!  Now off to complete my menu and shopping list for next week with simplicity in mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment