Here's a Toast to New Beginnings

Here's a Toast to New Beginnings

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Success-Day 36

One of my passions that I love to share with family members and friends is my desire to read.  Coupled with that passion is my desire to encourage others to read for pleasure!  Well, I have failed miserably over the past 34 years with David!  I can safely estimate that he's only read 20 books since we married, so my most recent Christmas gift to him was a Nook Color, hoping that would be the motivation for him to read instead of watch so much TV.  Well, my gift has been a double-edged sword, so to speak!  The Nook was definitely a hook for him in that he has devoured 10 books in the past month, much to my surprise!  Wow!  Who would have thought an e-Reader would be the trick to opening his doors to reading?  But unfortunately, that is all David has wanted to do night and day!  I never thought I would utter these words to him, but they slipped right out of my mouth last week-"I'm limiting you to four hours of reading a day!"  Today he shared aloud his personal goal of reading 100 books before the end of 2012, and grinned as he issued a challenge for me to meet or beat his goal!  HELP!  I have created a book monster!  On a more serious note, I am excited and proud of him for discovering new horizons through reading on his Nook!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Book monster really. Well now since the challenge has been issued, I have calculated that my goal of reading 100 books this year is just 2 books a week. I think that should be no problem. Oh and by the way, these are real books, not picture books or comic books, but real books. After I finish the latest book I started today, I will be moving on to more of Steve Berry's books. To let everyone know how much of a "Book Monster" I have become I skipped the Super Bowl to read. It was much more enjoyable than engaging in mindless TV watching. If this keeps up I foresee the cable TV bill get significantly smaller in the near future.

    ReplyDelete