Here's a Toast to New Beginnings

Here's a Toast to New Beginnings

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Irish Blessing-Day 41

As a young bride, I expanded my love of small needlework projects into something that could be framed and displayed in our home for always and forever.  I purchased and lovingly stitched this stamped sampler over several months' time, and even to this day, enjoy reading its sentiment often as I pass through our entryway.  "May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind always be at your back, may the sun shine warm on your face, and rains fall soft upon your field, and until we meet again, may God hold you in the palm of his hand."

2 comments:

  1. Well of course you love " An Irish Blessing" you married one. Our name use to be O'Madden and we hail from the county of Cork in the Blessed Isle. According to my family research we came to the "New World" from Ireland in late 1600's or early 1700's. We knew the "Famine" was coming and got the hell out of Dodge. Some day we plan to return to land of our descendants and visit a real Irish Pub and raise a pint of Guiness to the "Emerald Isle".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always loved Irish blessings. I have a small book of them, and even stenciled one on the wall in my house. Above the back door, I stenciled "Until we meet again, may God hold you in the palm of His hand", too.

    ReplyDelete