Here's a Toast to New Beginnings

Here's a Toast to New Beginnings

Friday, May 25, 2012

Life is a Bowlful of Cherries-Day 134

Cherries trigger memories of a summer road trip to Cloudcroft, New Mexico with Richard and Lane.  Before driving up the beautiful, winding mountain to our tiny cabins, we shopped in a local shop for our food stash for the week.  I'm not sure about anything else that we bought as it has been several years ago, but we headed up the mountain with fresh ripe cherries in abundance, and the best cherry cider I've ever tasted!  How I wish I could have a bottle of that chilled cider this evening!  Isn't it funny how something as delightful but as small as a cherry can bring back of flood of memories shared with great friends?  As I washed this bowlful this evening for our dinner, I thought of our adventuresome hikes, the magnificent sunsets, the amazing wild horses, entertaining card games and conversations, hundreds of hummingbirds swarming our little porches, and satisfying wine as the sun slipped slowly below the mountains into a long, chilly night!  Ah, life really is a bowlful of cherries!

No comments:

Post a Comment