Here's a Toast to New Beginnings

Here's a Toast to New Beginnings

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Lunch with Key West Friends-Day 159

Gena and Emily Parsons came by our B&B on our second day in Key West to take us to the neatest place to eat!  Very quaint little Cuban restaurant with lots of character and some terrific food, but the best part of our lunch together was the conversation with these two friends.  Emily and her brother, Hayden, were former Ross students when I was principal there, and they stole my heart from the outset!  Emily has grown into a beautiful young woman full of a genuine interest in others, a passion for adventure, and a contagious love of life itself!  Although I did not get to see Hayden during our visit, Gena shared some heartwarming stories with me about his life.  I have so many fond memories of this young man during his years as an elementary student under my care.  David and I were very thankful for the time Gena spent over the past few months sending us recommendations for things to see and do on our vacation.  We had a terrific time, Gena!!  I am so grateful for this family and their friendship! 

1 comment:

  1. I'm really happy that you and your husband took time out of your vacation to catch up with mom and I. Lunch was fun. Hayden and I really, really do appreciate that you have kept up with us for all these years and can't wait for all the years to come. Love you!

    ReplyDelete